Hook dates are set up like a time-line, with only ten major dates covering the basic history of the Bible and World History. A personality and an event are attached to the dates to give them meaning and understanding, as shown below.
At least three stories for each hook date are included in each volume of the history series, along with additional activities and projects to explore. This volume is designed to be studied for eleven weeks, with one week spent memorizing the hook dates, personalities, and events.
- 4000 B.C. — Adam and Eve — The Creation & The Fall
- 2344 B.C. — Noah — The Flood
- 2000 B.C. — Abraham — Offering of Isaac
- 1500 B.C. — Moses — A Deliverer is Born
- 1000 B.C. — David — Building a Temple
- 721 B.C. — Hezekiah/Hosea — Ten Tribes Captured
- 600 B.C. — Daniel — Babylonian Empire
- 450 B.C. — Ezra — Jerusalem Rebuilt
- 165 B.C. — Judas Maccabaeus — Jews Win Freedom